Skip the take-out and make this fast and tasty ginger beef at home!
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup canola oil, coconut oil, or whatever oil you prefer for frying
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger root
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Truly Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
Place cornstarch in a large bowl; break apart chunks until smooth.
Whisk eggs in a bowl and add some salt and pepper. toss steak strips in mixture to coat.
Coat steak strips in corn starch.
Pour canola oil into wok 1-inch deep; heat oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Place 1/4 of the beef strips into hot oil; separate strips with a fork. Cook, stirring frequently, until coating is crisp and golden, about 3 minutes. Remove beef to drain on paper towels; repeat with remaining beef.
Drain off all but 1 tablespoon oil; cook and stir carrot, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, green onions, ginger, and garlic over high heat until lightly browned but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
Whisk the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Pour sauce mixture over vegetables in wok; bring mixture to a boil. Stir beef back into vegetable mixture; cook and stir just until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Serve on its own or with noodles, rice, or anything else your creative mind can dream of!
Enjoy - ohh soo good!